Search This Blog

Sunday, November 7, 2010

My New York: Henrik Lundqvist ; Lundqvist Opening Tribeca Restaurant With Avery

ShareThis
With his gorgeous smile and sparkly blue eyes, Ranger goalie Henrik Lundqvist, 28, can stop hearts as easily as he does speeding pucks. But the native Swede — who’s in his sixth season with the Blueshirts — is more than just a pretty face. The Upper West Side resident is a dapper dandy with an eye for style, a guitar player and a lover of comfort food. “I exercise, but when it comes to food, I’m not the most healthy guy,” Lundqvist admits. To wit, the hockey hunk loves to talk about calorie-laden spots in the Big Apple — and how he burns it all off (hopefully sans shirt). This is his New York.




1 Hill Stone Restaurant,
378 Park Avenue South, at 27th Street

“I go there for the barbecue pork ribs. I’ve been there probably 20 times, and I get the same thing every time. They’re unbelievable. You can eat it with a fork and knife because they’re so tender.”

2 La Esquina,
106 Kenmare St., between Cleveland and Lafayette streets

“It has a great atmosphere and I love the corn there. I don’t know what they put on it, but it’s so good.”

3 Lucky’s Famous Burgers,
370 W. 52nd St., at Ninth Avenue

“I love burgers, and this place has the best one on Earth. I like mine well-done with whatever cheese they use, and most important, the Lucky’s sauce on the top.”

4 Eatery,
798 Ninth Ave., at West 53rd Street

“It’s a great brunch place. I love the goat cheese omelet. I pretty much get it all of the time, though I’ve had their banana chocolate, cream cheese-stuffed French toast (left). It’s not the healthiest thing you can eat, but it’s delicious.”

5 Reiss,
387 W. Broadway, between Broome and Spring streets

“This was a great New York find for me. I just like their style. They have good suits, and I just bought three ties from there.”

6 Madison Square Garden

“It’s exciting just to go there, and even more exciting to play there. My favorite memory was the first couple of games I played there. When I got my first NHL win (in October 2005 against the Devils), it was very special. Also, when I saw Springsteen there. I’ve seen him a bunch of times, but to see him in the Garden was something else.”

7 Tiny’s,
135 West Broadway, between Thomas and Duane streets
“It’s a restaurant that [teammate] Sean Avery and I are working on in TriBeCa with some other partners. [It’s not open yet,] but it will be one my favorites. I’m looking forward to going there after games. The menu is going to be high-end home cooking and I’m excited to be a part of it.”


8 Ultra Sound,
251 W. 30th St., between Seventh and Eighth avenues
“It’s right across the street from the Garden, and they have a bunch of rooms you can rent for hours. It’s like a rehearsal studio, so you go there and jam. It’s a great place when you want to play some rock with your friends. The last person I played with is [Max Weinberg’s son] Jay Weinberg. He’s unbelievable. He played for Bruce [Springsteen] last summer, and he’s only like 19 or 20.”



Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/my_new_york_henrik_lundqvist_XEir3PCwiGgqMG1iTTmI2I#ixzz14crcItaN

No comments:

Post a Comment