Search This Blog

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Post-Game Notes & Reaction; Lundqvist Records 5th Shutout of the Season; 29th of his Career

ShareThis
•Henrik Lundqvist turned aside 31 shots to post his fifth shutout of the season, and 29th of his career, and improved to 13-11-1 overall with a 4-6-1 mark at home. He is now 6-3-0 with a 1.64 goals against average, a .937 save percentage and three shutouts in the last nine games. Lundqvist’s five shutouts are tied for first in the NHL.

From Rangers Report:


Henrik Lundqvist:

“Against this team, you’re never safe, even after we scored the fourth and the fifth. You’re never safe against this team. They get one goal. maybe two quick ones, and it’s a game. So it’s very important that we kept going and didn’t relax. It was a good feeling when we got the sixth goal.”

On how quickly he put Columbus behind him:

“Probably during the day today. It really bothered me last night. I was really frustrated and disappointed. I was happy that they put me in today again so I can get it out of my system and focus on this one. Sometimes when I’m upset with myself I use it as energy and go on to the next game. This was the answer I was looking for: A solid game, and the guys played great in front of me.

“I think they saw how upset I was yesterday and it was a good feeling for me to respond this way. They’ve been great all year, and especially lately, the way they’ve been playing defensively. So it was no surprise to me the way they worked the last 10 minutes. The whole game they played so hard. So it’s great to be a goalie when you have guys like that.”



No comments:

Post a Comment