Search This Blog

Monday, January 20, 2014

Henrik Lundqvist Men's Fitness Interview

ShareThis



There was a time when athletic clothing and looking sharp were mutually exclusive. Thankfully, we’ve evolved beyond that. The good news for fashion-conscious guys is that cutting haute couture with a dash of athletic wear has never been more on trend. Just look at Henrik Lundqvist, the NY Rangers’ star goalie who’ll play for Sweden at this year’s Winter Olympics in Sochi. Now a household name at Milan Fashion Week, Lundqvist also plays guitar in his band, The Noise Upstairs, and he’s become a master of dressing to express all the sides of his personality. We caught up with the Best Dressed Man in Sweden to find out how you can do the same.

How did you find your personal style?
There was a time in my life when I tried a lot of different things, different looks. Between the ages of 17 and 22 there were a lot of bad looks. But I guess you learn from your mistakes. After that I kind of found my style and what I like to wear.
What does every guy’s wardrobe need?

It really depends on your style and what you feel comfortable in. For me, what takes up most of the space in my closet are suits. I wear a lot of suits and jackets. But I think every man needs a black suit at home. You can never go wrong in a black suit. But in terms of style, I think it’s about being comfortable in what you wear.

What’s the key to finding a great suit?
Find a jacket that fits your shoulders really well, and then after that you can do all the tricks. You can take it to a tailor. There are not a lot of brands that will fit right away. For me, it’s a lot about fit—more than the actual brand. There are so many good brands out there, but it comes down to the last touch.

Do you have a go-to casual style?
A lot of leather jackets, T-shirts, and jeans. I like that rock ‘n’ roll look. Sometimes I tend to like it more than a suit on an off-day. I love playing music, so I think the whole John Varvatos look is kind of cool. I think he has a great style.
What will you be rocking in the Olympic Village in Sochi?

During the Olympics they’re really strict about what you’re allowed to wear. You get a lot of clothes, but everything is pre-ordered. We had a fitting over the summer. You’re not allowed to wear your own clothes. No logos, nothing. You get fined if you wear something you’re not supposed to wear.

They’re stifling you!
Each Olympics every country has a new partner designing the clothes. Hopefully Sweden will come out with a good look. You never know. Obviously, with the blue and yellow in the flag, there’s going to be a lot of blue and yellow in the clothes, so it’s not something I’ll wear a lot afterward. But sometimes they will mix in a lot of black or white.

http://www.mensfitness.com/gear/fashion-and-trends/style-advice-from-new-york-rangers-goalie-henrik-lundqvist?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

No comments:

Post a Comment