Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

More Pictures of Henrik Lundqvist Celebrating his IIHF Championship Win

ShareThis






He came, he saw and he won. Henrik Lundqvist joined the World Cup in Cologne to win World Cup gold with the twin brother Joel. Tonight it was clear they succeeded.
"I had a few tears when I stood out with the brother. This was what I dreamed of when I was a little, "Henke" says to hockeysverige.se.

After the Rangers goalkeeper left the Stanley Cup playoffs, he soon realized that it gave an opportunity to win the World Cup gold with the brother.
"You know when you're out there, you're in NHL and playoffs. It's hard sometimes to find energy, but soon I began to realize what was at stake and get this opportunity to come here.
"It has been amazing ten days for me. To be with my brother, now, the group who work together. It has been a lot of fun.

Everything went according to plan, into every smallest detail. It was a successful return for the brothers. Together they had to lift the World Cup.
- I am so happy. I am so grateful that I got this. This opportunity to come here and be with my brother, that was awesome. It was a nice moment I had on the ice. Just stand there with my brother and realize we did this together.

Although "Henke" has won Olympic gold earlier, there was a noticeably touched goalkeeper responding to the questions from the media.
"I had a few tears when I stood out with my brother. This is what I wanted, this was what I dreamed of when I left New York ten days ago.
- This was what I dreamed about when I was little. Clearly I want a World Cup gold.

Now the star goalkeeper can add another trophy to the collection.
"It has never felt good when you feel that you have Olympic gold and SM gold, but never any World Cup gold.
"I put pressure on myself to help this team and win. So it feels good that I contributed.

"THIS IS A DREAM"
Brorsan Joel can now proudly win three World Cup gold. A fantastic facit.
- It's a dream indeed. To win and to make it together with my brother, of course. It's an extra dimension indeed.

In the dramatic final against Canada, it was just "Henke" who became one of the gold heroes of Tre Kronor.
"He came here because he would take those puckers as we need," Joel laughs.
"But just getting a World Cup gold together with this gang. It is fantastic.
"Everyone has been involved in this gold and then of course we will season it with some extra star players.

How proud are you to be the team captain of this group?
- Yes, what should you say? When I got a C, it's clear that I grew a few centimeters, Joel admits.
- I can not say anything else, it was incredibly honorable. You are happy and proud to represent Three Crowns. And then get a C, that's amazing.

Henrik Lundqvist puts additional words on the love of his twin brother.
- Not just winning, not just the matches, but I've been spending time with him here. It has been great for both, we do not get much time together.

http://www.hockeysverige.se/2017/05/22/jag-fick-nagra-tarar-nar-jag-stod-dar-ute-med-brorsan/





No comments:

Post a Comment